TDAmeritrade is one of the largest online brokerages in the U.S. The company allows their customers to trade Stocks, Options, Bonds, ETFs, Futures, Forex and more. The company was founded back in 1971 and has been in the financial services business for over 35 years. TDAmeritrade offers a powerful back-end trading platform as well as a professionally developed downloadable trading platform. The brokerage appeals to both novice investors and professional traders alike.
- Stocks / ETFs: $9.99 (Broker-assisted trades $44.99)
- Mutual Funds: $49.99. Some mutual funds have $0.00 commission
- Options: $9.99 + $0.75 per contract (Broker-assisted trades at $49.99 + $0.75 per contract)
- Bonds: based on net yield basis. $25 flat fee for treasuries at auction
- Futures: $3.50 per contract
- Forex: No commission on currency pairs that trade in 10,000 Units. Other currency pairs have a minimum $1 commission but can go higher.
- Fast trade execution
- Tons of free educational material
- Top notch customer service with 24/7 phone support
- Very Powerful professional level free trading tools
- Forex trading with access to over 100 different currency pairs with 50:1 margin
- Mobile trading support on smart phones
- Over 100 local branches
- Trade commission-Free for 30 days + Get up to $500 when opening a new non-IRA account.
TDAmeritrade Minimum Deposit to open an account: $2,500